Sunday, March 28, 2010

Nerd joke


I think I had mentioned a boyfriend (only one ;) ) in my first post. And as in anyone's life, he plays a major role in my life. Thought should give you a little background before I start posting about him.
A thin fellow who is always laughing at something or the other, and finds the universe a cosmic joke. (He finds me, a bigger joke, but I didn't want to mention that! Oh shit, I just mentioned it!) A nerd- wasn't wearing glasses when we first met, but he wears them now :( . And a nerd.
Yes I repeated it, because he can use nerd terminology so much in normal life without even realizing.
If I were Vidya Balan and he were Big B (I mean Paa), I would have found it funny. But no, I don't.
Like, a few months into our relationship, we were talking about meal passes. Sodexo, ticket restaurant and stuff. He gets them and I don't but we end up sharing during weekends.
So here is how our discussion goes…
(Guys, please note. While girls usually give one word answers, they mean a lotttt with those single words. I know most of you wouldn't realize what each one-word-reply meant. So adding that as well).
Me: So where do we go for dinner now?
No. This does not just mean I was hungry. It means it has been too long since this fellow thought of taking me to a decent place to eat. PLUS I really like candlelight dinners.
He: I think my roommate will make some dosa. You can eat at your place.
Me: Huh? (grunt)
What the……………! Dude, if I say "where are we going" it means we are going somewhere. FOR SURE.
He: Ok. Fine. Any place. 200 for 2.
Me: Hmmmmm….
OMFG! I am your girlfriend dude! You take girlfriends to places with ambience. Not 200 for 2.
He: Ok. Any place that accepts sodexo.
Me: Finally.
Some day I will get my revenge…. Some. Day.
He: My sodexos are all getting over. I won't have any left for the end of the month. (Makes a face showing perfect displeasure)
Me: Well. I thought you were using your previous month's.
(Let me drop in a little explanation here. He got his first month sodexo one month late. So from then on, we were using the previous month's tokens and would usually have a full coupon book for backup.)
You are cribbing about it, when you have a full book in hand? AND to your girlfriend!!!
He: No. I am using this month's only now. Last month's book got over too quickly because Joe (his colleague) also used them. So you see, no more phase lag!
Me: No more WHATTTTTTTTTT?????
Now that is really truly what I meant. Was too shocked to mean anything else!
He: (quite matter-of-factly) Phase lag. My time of usage was lagging behind the expected month of usage.
Me: ???!!!!! (Or in ananda vikatan style- ?!@#$@!#!$%$^#!@~! )

 
So you see- that's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment